Low Cost Spay and Neuter | Dusty Paws Rescue
Advantages to Spaying and Neutering
- Pets are less aggressive, less likely to fight, and less likely to bite.
- Pets (especially males) are less territorial and less likely to roam.
- Pets are less likely to mark furniture and rugs with urine.
- Females will not have heat cycles that can soil rugs and furniture and usually shed less fur.
- Males can’t develop testicular tumors, and have a lower incidence of prostate cancer.
- Females typically stay healthier and live longer. They have a lower incidence of mammary tumors and no uterine or ovarian cancers.
- Removes the urge to mate, thus focusing more of their attention on the caregiver, aiding in training and generally behave better.
- Does not change the pet’s personality or cause weight gain.
- Prevents millions of cats and dogs being euthanized each year – if for no other reason.
Low cost spay/neuter
The following organizations offers low cost spay/neuter programs:
Don’t see what your looking for in your area?
Do you know of a low cost spay/neuter resource? If so, we would love to hear about it! Please send an email to